Baillieu must deliver Narre Warren South electorate Christmas wish list
The Baillieu Government must deliver on the Christmas wish list of residents of the Narre Warren South electorate, State Labor Member for Narre Warren South Judith Graley.
Ms Graley ended the parliamentary year with a member’s statement in the House last week where she listed areas that require action in 2012.
“Christmas is just around the corner, and the residents of my electorate have a wish list which does not include anything unreasonable.”
The wish list includes:
· the duplication of Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road
· more beds for Casey Hospital
· the reinstatement of Take a Break funding
· a reversal of the Baillieu Government’s decision to cut TAFE funding
· 500 new car parking spaces at Narre Warren station, promised but not delivered by the Baillieu Government
· a toilet and staff at Hallam station
· a reversal of the Baillieu Government’s decision to cut $48 million in VCAL coordination funding
“December is the month that Santa Claus visits, but just days before Christmas the Minister for Education will be making a visit to Narre Warren South P-12 College in relation to his massive cuts to the VCAL program,” Ms Graley said
“I sincerely hope he has some good news to deliver to the college, given these cuts have resulted in a waiting list of 200 for the VCAL program at the college,”
“I think this Christmas, however, the Minister for Education will be the Grinch.”